Wednesday morning I met...
with an officer in the military.
We discussed my options in pursuing my PhD.
You see, after dealing with the bullshit that the military caused
(I know I can't place all the blame there)
I want to make a difference!
I want to be that doctor who can say I've experienced BOTH sides of the shit.
I would know how it is to be the spouse
and then I would know how it is to be the one {hopefully not} fucked up.
Well, that means more school. I know that is my only option for my PhD.
However, I wasn't planning on taking out yet another student loan.
I'd have to pay for my first year.
After that, the military would pay the remainder.
This includes my tuition, books, etc. AND a $2,000 check for living.
After thought, I'd have to be active for four years.
Fine by me, they'd be paying for my internship.
What does this mean? Well, I need to make the decision to return to school. Rack up MORE student loan debt and get on with it. Or I could go flirt with other branches of the military. I haven't given up hope. After Thanksgiving, I plan on walking into recruiting offices and hunt down an officer recruiter to see what can be done.
I'm determine to make a difference! I want to be a part of making a change in providing support and aiding our men and women who suffer from the effects of the military and war.
So there you have it, the cat's out of the bag!
Happy Saturday!
2 comments:
Stacie... you can go in, and since you already have a degree go in as an E4 and go straight to OCS... and go to school for free once you're already in. and it's possible to get the army to pay off your student loans that you have right now.
You go girl! That's nuts, but also makes total sense! Sounds like a big adventure and a lot of hard work, but you'd make a great psychologist!
Post a Comment